1. Arthur Brooks and John Powell at the American Enterprise Institute note that a major obstacle to helping the poor is the lack of respect so many well-off Americans (including middle class) have for the poor. This is worth a read:
2. Aaron Earls is spot on with this essay about being a compassionate Christian in a world flooded with causes demanding attention:
3. In her witty style, Anne Kennedy critiques the failures of contemporary clothing fashion to accomplish the basic thing that clothing is for. It's an enjoyable read with some thoughts worth pondering.
4. Lottie Moon is one of my favorite missionaries. This recent post about her distinctive traits helps remind me why she is an important figure in the history of international missions.
5. This episode of "Adam Ruins Everything" helps explain how systematic racism has perpetuated racial inequality in the United States.