1. What one writer learned from being off Twitter for a few weeks. A balanced account of gains and losses.
2. Here is Ross Douthat's column in the New York Times that is referenced in the above article. There are some worthwhile ideas about limiting the internet.
3. I've recently come across a blog by Anne Kennedy that is consistently very good and worth following. This week, her treatment of the fashion industry's ill considered attitude toward normal women was well worth sharing.
4. With reviews of Rod Dreher's Benedict Option flying around and a public spat between Dreher and another evangelical author over some catty criticism, Andy Crouch framed the debate well, showing that most of what is being argued about (i.e., the degree of political engagement or avoidance Dreher calls for) is a sub-theme within the book. Crouch presents his analysis of the Benedict Option controversy by some estimated percentages:
5. Robert Plummer from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary explains why there are manuscript variations in Scripture.