1. What of the SBC and racial-integration? Recognizing the problems with a lack of diversity, the SBC is making a concerted effort to represent the communities in which the churches are located. For one author, this is cause for skepticism. This post was picked up by Sojourners and some other state Baptist papers. The cause is a worthy one, but the doubt in the article belies the reality that the SBC is doing more to address diversity than any other denomination.
2. Justin Taylor provides a concise introduction to Karl Marx:
3. From the Acton Institute, a post discussing the impossibility of a completely libertarian and egalitarian society. This builds off a recent interview of Pope Francis:
4. How large is the Christian population in the world? This recent post at First Things presents World Christianity by the numbers:
5. An interview between Keith Whitfield and Don Carson about how the next generation of pastors should prepare for ministry: