1. The role of money has changed in modern economics. An excellent long form article by Samuel Gregg outlines the purpose and use of money in economics.
2. The left seems to have flipped their lids over Betsy DeVos. Ross Douthat argues that this is more an example of politics as usual than the unique resistance that disappointed Clinton supporters have promised.
3. A recent article from Acton Institute argues that the socialized medical system in the United Kingdom may in fact create a humanitarian crisis very similar to the one that it is intended to solve:
4. There was an exciting archaeological discovery this week, as another Dead Sea Scrolls cave was found in Israel. No scrolls were uncovered, but this increases the hope that future discoveries will provide additional corroboration to the accuracy of the Old Testament manuscripts or other extra biblical literature.
5. Here's a pretty cool video using Google Maps, which offers a round the world trip of many major landmarks.